Cittadinanzattiva Onlus is looking for a trainee to contribute to the development of its activities in the European framework. The selected candidate will be part of the Active Citizenship Network (ACN) team, the European branch of Cittadinanzattiva, and will work together with the Director of European policies of Cittadinanzattiva and its team, located in Rome and Bruxelles.
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop competencies in the field of European projects, citizen’s involvement, advocacy and policy making at European Union level, communication, corporate governance and citizens’ rights. He or she will also be involved in the management of other European initiatives and projects, particularly dealing with ACN’s Network and having relations with partners, institutions and private and public stakeholders.
Press invitation Rome, May 10 2012
6Th European Patients' Rights Day" Active Ageing citizens at the center of EU health policy
Brussels, 15-16 May 2012
Active Citizenship Network is glad to invite you to the European event of the 6th European Patients'Rights Day: " Active Ageing citizens at the center of EU health policy " on the 15-16 of May 2012, in the EESC, Brussels (Van Maerlant Building, Room VM3 - 2nd floor 2, rue Van Maerlant).
The number of ageing citizens is rapidly increasing (Europeans aged 65+ is expected to increase by 45% between 2008 and 2030, and even further to over 30% of the population by 2060) the issues of their access to health care services and the respect of their rights as patients are becoming central and extremely challenging.
The objective of the conference is thus to demonstrate that part of the solution resides in a change of perspective vis-à-vis ageing citizens, from weak patients into "empowered users" of health care services, able to contribute to a better implementation of their rights.
It will be the occasion to bring together a wide range of stakeholders throughout Europe:
to reflect on what is currently being done regarding ageing patients' rights and to discuss how the involvement of ageing patients/users in citizens' organisations dealing with health, can contribute to the well-being of the whole community, as well as to a better management of the crisis faced by healthcare services in all EU countries.
The conference would like to contribute, thanks to the collection and sharing of a research on best practices from all EU countries, to the development of public policies for the active involvement of ageing patients in the health policy and to reveal the concrete benefits of this approach.
The aim is promote a broader alliance between citizens' and patients' organisations as well as with other important health care stakeholders, identifying together Recommendations that can be used at European and national level for the active ageing involvement in health policy.
The European conferences will include at least 180 participants among which representatives of the European Institutions, national and/or regional health care departments; national citizens' and patients' organizations; European networks; European and national associations of hospitals, doctors and nurses; the health care industry.
As the places available are limited, the registration is needed, please fill in the registration form you can find on www.activecitizenship.net, where you fill find the program too.
- Promoting civic information to better address the collateral damage of COVID-19 on cardiovascular disease across Europe
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Therapeutic adherence during the COVID-19 pandemic across Europe: impact, experiences and perspectives from PAGs & relevant stakeholders
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- AHEAD: Action for Health and Equity Addressing medical Deserts
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Routine vaccinations in time of covid-19 across Europe: a multi-stakeholder evaluation
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- EU PAGs & citizens together in the fight against stroke
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- Patients’ right to avoid pain: reducing the burden of COVID-19, promoting best practices across EU
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2021
Read all >