ONE health approach, MULTIPLE answers:
Citizens’ engagement & stakeholders' actions
to tackle antimicrobial resistance and sustain EU progress
18th November 2020 - 17:00-19:00
19th November 2020 - 15:30-17:30
The XIV European Patients’ Rights Day (EPRD) will be celebrated by Active Citizenship Network (ACN) with a virtual multi-stakeholder conference which, this year, focuses on the topic of the fight to antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and the importance of the citizens’ engagement for a multi stakeholder action.
To join the conference, please register here. (registration is mandatory).
In 2019, the World Health Organization (WHO) named AMR in the 10 most urgent threats that will demand attention from WHO and health partners. In many parts of the world, in fact, AMR has reached alarming levels and already presents a serious social and economic burden. It is estimated to be responsible for 25,000 deaths per year in the EU alone and 700,000 deaths per year globally: AMR might cause more deaths than cancer by 2050.Read more >
Increasing consciousness and access to treatment, reducing the burden of cardiovascular diseases across Europe
Cardiovascular disease and its many manifestations have a major impact on the lives of millions of patients and those around them. There is no doubt that cardiovascular disease will remain the most frequent cause of death and disability in Europe and throughout the world. At the global level, the World Health Organization reported that “cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) take the lives of 17.9 million people every year, 31% of all global deaths” (2018). By 2030, the number of people who die from CVDs, mainly from heart disease and stroke, will increase to reach 23.3 million.
In order to reduce the number of deaths due to cardiovascular diseases, in 2013 European Member States signed the Health for Growth Programme, the third multi-annual programme of EU action in the field of health for the period 2014-2020. The aim is to identify, spread and promote the adoption of validated good practices for efficient and sustainable prevention measures, facing the main risk factors related to cardiovascular diseases, fighting tobacco use, alcohol dependence, obesity and promoting good lifestyles.Read more >
Active Citizenship Network supports the Written Declaration, under Rule 136 of Parliament’s Rules of Procedure, on access to employment for those affected by neurological disorders and chronic pain conditions. The initiative is promoted by the European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA) and Pain Alliance Europe (PAE) with the aim to encourage research into and access to innovative treatments, promote prevention and self-management approaches, decrease stigma and work together to improve quality of life for people living with these disabling conditions.Read more >
Active Citizenship Network organized a webinar-conference on 4 March 2016 in Rome, on the topic of “Improving patients’ rights in the age of the Cross Border Healthcare Directive”. The event involved online and on-the-spot participation of national and international experts to debate the European Directive on patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare and the current state of its implementation throughout Europe.
On this occasion, the communication campaign “Patients’ rights have no borders” has been presented for the first time.
Read more about the event here.
- XIV European Patients’ Rights Day 2020
- Increasing consciousness and access to treatment, reducing the burden of cardiovascular diseases across Europe
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Increasing consciousness and access to treatment, reducing the burden of cardiovascular diseases across Europe - AGENDA
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >