Active Citizenship Network is participating at the European project “From Citizen Involvement to Policy Impact (U-Impact)” supported by the Europe for Citizens Programme of the European Union.
The project coordinates citizen involvement with the public authorities on national and European level in nine European countries in order to increase the impact of citizen initiatives on the policy making process in the European Union. It is the extension of the EU Project “Joint Citizen Action for a Stronger, Citizen-Friendly Union (JoiEU)”.
Since 2014, Active Citizenship Network has launched both in Italy and abroad an action and awareness programme called “Active for Young Professionals”, whose main targets are university students and graduates. This led us to:
- host interns and volunteers from different Universities;
- support and collaborate with the student’s dissertation, for example:
- “Citizenship in transformation: the process of horizontal ‘Europeanization’ in the healthcare sector. The case of patients’ rights protection of CittadinanzattivaOnlus”, discussed in October 2014 at the University of Bologna (Italy).
- “Application de la méthode d'analyse stratégique à une organisation non lucrative d'utilité sociale italienne: exemple d'une reforme qui a 'securisé une zone d'incertitude”, completed at the University SciencesPo Paris (France), postgraduate degree in European Affairs, course of “Théorie des organization”.
- stipulate a triennial agreement, on 8 September 2014, with John Cabot University regarding internships. John Cabot University is an American institution in the heart of Rome with students coming from 60 different countries. John Cabot University and Cittadinanzattiva Onlus both share the common goal to facilitate the intern’s professional choice by providing direct knowledge of the labor market and provide a complete training with appropriate study and work. For further information please click here.
Internal and external goals of the agreement
The agreement between John Cabot University and Cittadinanzattiva is especially significant as it gives the opportunity to:
- offer students and graduates a work experience to develop their knowledge on European policies;
- promote new skills in the tertiary sector;
- spread in a professional manner and at the international level the “the culture of civic participation and civic rights protection”;
- provide young citizens the opportunity to contribute, interact and participate in the construction of a “closer” Europe that should be more democratic, open, richer and united in spite of its cultural differences, in order to develop a “European Union citizenship”;
- develop among young people a sense of a European identity based on common values, history and culture;
- spread among young people the activities that Cittadinanzattiva accomplishes in Italy and abroad, such as through the “Career Fair”, periodically organized by John Cabot University;
- bolster the activities organized by the European Branch of Cittadinanzattiva, Active Citizenship Network, which deals with European and international policies;
- strengthen the collaboration with John Cabot University’s professors on topics related to Active Citizenship Network’s activities.
Biannual internships starts from 2015!
On 12 January 2015, began the first biannual internship at Cittadinanzattiva Onlus. Active Citizenship Network welcomes at its headquarters in Rome preselected interns by John Cabot University, with a preference for students in Business Administration, Communications, Economics and Finance, International Affairs, International Business or Political Science.
- Under the Italian law, the internship does not represent any working or collaboration contract;
- During the internship, the training and orientation activity is followed and checked by a tutor chosen by Cittadinanzattiva Onlus;
- Each intern is assigned a project which aims to use the skills related to the work that Cittadinanzattiva Onlus deals with at the European and international level;
- The intern will be integrated in the Active Citizenship Network’s staff.
After the presentation to the Senate of our dossier in terms of fuel poverty, "Energy and chronically ill", made with Acquirente Unico, the Authority for Electricity and Gas has shown not only to be able to act very quickly on important issues, but also to carefully consider the "civic" information produced by the associations.Read more >
- From Citizen Involvement to Policy Impact (U-Impact)
- Patient Declaration on Medical Research, Innovation and theGlobal Search for Cures
- Active for Young Professionals
- THE COMMITMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA FOR MATERNITY AND NATALITY PROTECTION
- Joint Citizen Action for a Stronger, Citizen-Friendly Union (JoiEU)
- The Commitment Of Cittadinanzattiva-Active Citizenship Network In The Prevention Of Cerebro And Cardiovascular Diseases
- European Charter of Active Citizenship
- Chronic pain: making the invisible visible. European collection of good practices
- FUTURE ACTIVE CITIZENS: VOLUNTEERING AS AN EXERCISE OF DEMOCRACY
- EU civic research: collection of good practices on chronic pain
- European Patients’ Rights Days, What has been done
- Best practices on Chronic Patients and Organizations’ empowerment
- Directive 24/11: the information from the EU Commission
- Directive 24/11: what the Associations recommend to the EU Institution
- Directive 24/11: Public events all around Europe organized by ACN partners
Read all >