The fight against waste in health services at the center of the 10th European Day of Patients' Rights
“Reducing waste and inefficiency in healthcare systems and increasing quality of patient care depends on collaboration… It requires active commitment from individual bodies, including Member States, European institutions, patients and health professionals”.
Strengthen the protection of patients’ rights in the European framework, thanks to the cooperation between civic society, patient organizations and the Members of the EU Parliament. This is one of the aims of the Interest Group “European Patients' Rights & Cross-Border Healthcare” that has been officially launched on December 2nd in Brussels at the European Parliament.
Civic societies and patient organizations together with Members of the EU Parliament strengthen the protection of patients’ rights in the European framework. This is the main message coming from the celebration of the IX Edition of the European Patients' Rights Day, organized as always by Active Citizenship Network, the EU branch of the Italian NGO Cittadinanzattiva and realized last 12th May at the EU Parliament.
Last week in the European Parliament, the Presidents of two parliamentarian groups have written to all the MEPs inviting them to take part of the new Interest Group on “European Patients' Rights and Cross-border Healthcare”, which Secretariat is led by the Representative office to the EU of Active Citizenship Network.
Between a trip to Brussels to take the measurements of the office and another to buy the necessary furniture, the big day is coming up. The opening of Cittadinanzattiva’s representative office at the European Union in Brussels marks an important historical moment in the 37 years of our organization.
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >