Strengthen the protection of patients’ rights in the European framework, thanks to the cooperation between civic society, patient organizations and the Members of the EU Parliament. This is one of the aims of the Interest Group “European Patients' Rights & Cross-Border Healthcare” that has been officially launched on December 2nd in Brussels at the European Parliament.
Hosted by MEP David Borrelli, the co-founder of the Interest Group, the meeting was attended, among others, by MEPs Therese ComodiniCachia (Malta), PiernicolaPedicini (Italy), Elena Gentile (Italy), MarjuLauristin (Estonia). All of them agreed that patients' rights are non-negotiable and universal values that must be guaranteed to all the European citizens and have underline their commitment for a implementation of the Directive 2011/24/EU on patients' rights in cross-border healthcare, which is included in the title for the first time the patients’ rights.
Video, interviews and minutes of the meeting are available in the official website of the Interest Group: www.interestgroup.activecitizenship.net.
Watch the photo gallery of the event on the official fanpage of Active Citizenship Network on Facebook
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >