This web site and the activity of Active Citizenship Network is strongly oriented to support projects, programmes, aims and positions of citizens’ organisations involved in public policies such as Health protection, Youth education, Consumers rights, Voluntary action policies and Corporate social responsibility.
Our mission is twofold:
- Contributing to the development of a European Active Citizenship;
- Promoting the participation of citizens’ organizations in European and national public policy-making process.
This means that our Network is a real nest of ideas, experiences and concrete achievements which have to be valorised in order to build an active citizenship in Europe.
We do need more democracy to ensure a new development at European level. Changing “high branches”of politics is no more enough; It is necessary to give the floor to civil society, widening the opportunity of participation and exchange of views in matter of active citizenship. Numberless of ACN projects are focused on rethinking the principle of subsidiarity. For this reason, strengthening the presence of civic organizations, promoting and assessing the Patients’ rights’ protection and enabling a more accountable and transparent governance in at EU level, seems to be the only way to succeed.
This web site information concerns everything can be useful for all ACN partners taking a step forward to transform this little gleam of hope into reality.
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >