Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition Annual Meeting 2019
4th May 2019
Location: Hotel Occidental Menorca , Menorca Island (Spain)
The only theme park in the world against pain and quality of life, the Sine Dolore World Park, which was held in Menorca from May 1 to 5, hosted the second annual meeting of the Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition, the first civic center for the incubation of best practices against pain throughout Europe.
In this second meeting the participants debated the proposal of Dr. Jordi Moya that contemplates the creation of an International Multidisciplinary Pain Management Center Sine Dolore, an international pain treatment center where medical professionals from all over the world will offer personalized medical advice to the Patients who visit the Sine Dolore World Park 2020.
In addition, it has become clear the importance that matters related to pain have to be introduced in the educational and academic world, in order to encourage and promote the interest of students to be trained in the medical and psychological approach to pain.
The president of Pain Alliance Europe, Joop van Griensven, and professor and doctor Kayode A. Williams of the Johns Hopkins Hospital of the USA, attended for the first time this meeting, which has served to share different ways of fighting against the chronic persistent pain, a disease that, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) affects 20 percent of the global population.
The Sine Dolore Foundation and Active Citizenship Network promote this coalition, with the aim of raising awareness, fighting against stigma, improving the quality of life of people suffering from chronic acute and severe pain, guaranteeing the right to avoid unnecessary suffering.
On this occasion, it is the second meeting of this working group with the aim of promoting good practices in the fight against unnecessary suffering and pain, uniting the forces among the countries of the Mediterranean area. The first meeting of the Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition took place in May last year, in the framework of the IV Sine Dolore World Park 2018.
- CANAL4 DIARIO (14 May 2019): El Sine Dolore World Park 2020 acogerá el nuevo International Multidisciplinary Pain Management Center Sine Dolore (ES)
- Anis(14th May, 2019): El Sine Dolore World Park 2020 acogerá el nuevo International Multidisciplinary Pain Management Center Sine Dolore (ES)
- Diario Menorca (15th May, 2019): Sine Dolore ofrecerá asesoria médica a sus visitants en 2020 (ES)
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >