"European Patients’ Rights Day: Make it official!”
Timing: Monday, 11th May: 14.30 – 15.00
Venue: The European Parliament, Brussels, Press Room Paul-Henri Spaak, 0A050
MEP David Borrelli, Co-Chair EFDD Group (IT) introduces the 9th celebration of the European Patients’ Rights Day 2015 in collaboration with Active Citizenship Network, the promoters of the initiative, and the endorsement of more than one hundred patients organizations all around Europe.
This year, the European Patients’ Rights Day is dedicated on the sustainability of healthcare systems focusing on what concerns chronic diseases.
The sustainability of healthcare systems is a common good to be safeguarded, so a common challenge for different actors: Institutions at EU and national level, professionals, companies, providers, citizens and patients.
All around Europe, civic and patients organizations, as well as MEPs, are worried about how to find this goal, without the involvement of citizens, patients and their associations, with the consequence that the protection of patients' rights could not be taken into consideration. Indeed, the economic crisis has a direct impact on healthcare access, especially for the vulnerable population, which are exposed to social exclusion, increased private costs or giving up altogether medical care.
Faced with the above scenario, the institutionalization of the European Patients' Rights Day could represent an effective message of the European Institutions’ commitment that any action towards a sustainable healthcare system should be done by putting patients’ rights at the forefront.
Time for Action:
- For citizens: Online petition, open to citizens and patients across Europe.
- For civic and patient organizations: Mobilization to celebrate, in 2016, for the 10th anniversary, the European Patients’ Rights Day at the national level at least in 20 countries, both inside and outside the European Union.
- For the new European Parliament: Constitution of the MEPs interest group "European Patients' Rights and Cross-Border Healthcare”
Speakers will include:
- Mr David Borrelli, Co-Chair EFDD Group
- Mr Antonio Gaudioso, Secretary General of Cittadinanzattiva Onlus
- Description of the 9th edition of the European Patients’ Rights Day (May, 12th 2015)
- The Origins of the European Patients’ Rights Day
- Six reasons to institutionalize the European Patients’ Rights Day
- Time for Action: concrete proposals to citizens and patients, their organizations, EU Institution
- The civic assessment on the Respect of Patients’ Rights at the EU Level
- Key Figures on the Challenges of Chronic Diseases and Patients’ Rights in the Framework of EU Healthcare Sustainability
- Cittadinanzattiva and Active Citizenship Network official presentation
- Informative campaign on IT Law 38/2010: “WERE NOT BORN TO SUFFER”
- The active role of citizens in the evaluation process: methods, impact and prospects of Civic Evaluation in Italy
- European Civic Prize on Chronic Pain Collecting Good Practices - III edition 2020-2021
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- Joined For Vaccination: speakers list
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- Joined For Vaccination: addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Increasing Uptake in EU. A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- Pain Euro-Mediterranean Coalition (PEMeC) Aliança Euro-Mediterrânica da Dor
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- National consultations: European active citizens for vaccination - 2019
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- The involvement of Active Citizenship Network in SIP SYMPOSIUM 2019
Read all >