Active Citizenship Network is participating in the European project “Polart Circle” supported by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
Polart Circle initiates a partner’s platform at the European scale, associating art companies, scholars, universities, civil society organisations and youth integration organisations.
Activities will gather artist-educators, emerging artists, experts and citizens interested in the relationship between art and politics.
Led on a three-year period (2016-2019), the activities consist in workshops, researches, artist residencies, production of Moocs and organization of events.
During this experience, participants collaborate to conceive a methodology formalising the artistic creation process, associating art and politics. Participants then disseminate this methodology throughout Europe: promotion weekends and online publication of video material, like Moocs.
The thematic agenda considers each year as a “season”, throught the angle of one discipline:
season 1 (2016-2017) – Writing / exploring art and politics through a writing experience
season 2 (2017-2018) – Staging / exploring art and politics through designing and staging
season 3 (2018-2019) – Acting / exploring art and politics through characters and performing
The 4th of February 2019, in Brussels, ACN organizedits multiplier event with 20 representatives of civic organizations coming from different countries to talk about the PolArt Circle project and our trainees' experiments. It was the occasion to discuss initiatives, tools & performing arts to increase participation with a focus on healthcare.
See the video about How does the project work HERE
- La Transplanisphère (France) latransplanisphere.com (coordinator)
- Teatermaskinen (Sweden) teatermaskinen.com
- Ex Quorum (Portugal) exquorum.blogspot.fr
- Ortzaï teatro (Spain, Basque Country) ortzai.wix.com
- Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre lmta.lt/en
- Open University Zagreb (Croatia) www.pou.hr
- Cittadinanzattiva (Italy) activecitizenship.net
- ODC Ensemble / Vyrsodepseio (Greece) vyrsodepseio.com
- Volcano Theatre (UK – Wales) volcanotheatre.co.uk
Previous experiences on theatre carried out by Cittadinanzattiva at national level:
- Cittadinanzattiva e la cultura dei diritti in carcere (2017)
- "Pasolini: la verità al Teatro Vittoria” (2017)
- "Parole e Catene" (2016)
- "Vita da cittadino" (2015)
Official website of the project
EU Project funded by the Erasmus+ Programme Strategic Partnership
- #VaccinAction 2022 Campaign
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products revolution & the respect of the patients’ right to access to care: a call to action
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR): a global health threat. What to know to better address it at the local level
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- “Towards the next Council conclusions: which role of adult vaccination?”
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
Read all >