A smart energy system for consumers, consumers for a smart energy system
The European Sustainable Energy Weeks (EUSEW) is a series of activities to build a secure energy future for Europe. In this framework, Cittadinanzattiva Onlus/Active Citizenship Network has co-organised a session entitled “A smart energy system for consumers, consumers for a smart energy system” the 21 June at 14:00 in the Passage Room of the Residence Palace, Brussels.
Cittadinanzattiva Onlus/Active Citizenship Network, European Committee of Domestic Equipment Manufacturers-CECED, the Smart Energy Demand Coalition-SEDC and European Environmental Citizens Organisation for Standardisation-ECOS have joined forces for a policy session that will introduce to you different experts working on the development of a smart energy system for active and engaged consumers: from citizens to industry, to environmental NGOs to policy makers.
These experts will bring an interesting mix of different perspectives to the table, as they will share practical experiences and explore the results of various “on-the-ground” smart energy projects, smart technologies, appliances and applications across the EU.
This session, which was selected with other 29 among 125 session applications, has the purpose of sharing experiences between smart energy experts coming from different key actors involved in the smart energy system: consumers, industry and environmental NGOs, as well as the European Commission (DG ENER/DG JUST). They will bring an interesting mix of different perspectives to the table as they discuss several practical projects, technologies and applications that can help further develop a smart energy system for consumers, and empower consumers to contribute to a smart energy system – thereby contributing to the clean energy transition.
The event is designed to share practical experiences and explore the results of various “on-the-ground” smart energy projects, technologies and applications across the EU. The event will include interactive presentations on successful (ongoing) developments in Europe, and include discussions on how the new Clean Energy for All Europeans Package can help further stimulate the smart energy system for consumers, and encourage consumers to participate in a smart energy system.
The session will be chaired by Mr. Hans-Paul Siderius, Senior Expert at the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, who will lead the panel discussion and open the floor for a town hall format that includes questions, comments, experiences, etc. from the audience.
The content of the event fits with the EU clean energy policy agenda and feeds into the discussions on the Clean Energy for All Europeans package. Indeed, these experiences and technologies also show how consumer empowerment may look in practice, and what would be needed to further encourage consumers to get actively involved in a smart energy system, while being able to trust that same system.
This event is the first Cittadinanzattiva Onlus/Active Citizenship Network follow up on energy issues after the three years participation in the Citizenergy Project (with the launch event organised at the European Parliament the 1st February) and the participation at the Citizens Energy Forum 2017 in London under invitation of the European Commission.
To know more about the event and Cittadinanzattiva commitment on energy issues:
- Event page: A smart energy system for consumers, consumers for a smart energy system
- Energy policies: the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva at national and European level
- Electricity and Gas: Series of useful guides on electricity and gas
- Manifesto of the Energy for the Future
To know more about the panellists:
- Josef BAUMEISTER, Managing Director, EEBus Initiative e.V.
- Grace MURRAY, Senior Policy Adviser, Smart Energy Demand Coalition - Presentation
- Hans-Paul SIDERIUS, Senior Expert, Netherlands Enterprise Agency
- Marco SIGNA, Chairman of Working Group Smart Living, CECED - Presentation
- Božena STAŠENKOVÁ, Vice-President, European Consumer Union - Presentation
- Carina TÖRNBLOM, Consumer Affairs, European Commission
- Tiziana TOTO, Responsible for the Energy and Environmental Sector, Cittadinanzattiva Onlus/Active Citizenship Network - Presentation
- Kai TULLIUS, DG Energy, European Commission
- Thomas WILLSON, Policy Officer, ECOS - Presentation
Clippings and press articles
- Agenzia Nova (21 June, 2017)
- Movimento Consumatori (21 June, 2017)
- La Discussione (22 June, 2017)
- E-gazette.it (26 June, 2017)
- PLT puregreen (26 June, 2017)
- ESO (3 July, 2017)
- L’Ambiente (N.3, 2017, pag. 48)
- #VaccinAction 2022 Campaign
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products revolution & the respect of the patients’ right to access to care: a call to action
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR): a global health threat. What to know to better address it at the local level
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- “Towards the next Council conclusions: which role of adult vaccination?”
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
Read all >