Last week in the European Parliament, the Presidents of two parliamentarian groups have written to all the MEPs inviting them to take part of the new Interest Group on “European Patients' Rights and Cross-border Healthcare”, which Secretariat is led by the Representative office to the EU of Active Citizenship Network.
The idea to encourage a MEPs Interest Group focused on patients’ rights was promoted by Active Citizenship Network last May 2015 at the European Parliament during the IX Edition of the European Patients’ Rights Day.
David Borrelli, Co-Chair of the Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy Group, and Gianni Pittella, Chair of the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats, have decided to support the new Interest Group because they strongly believe that the European Parliament has today the opportunity to play an active role in improving the protection of patients’ rights in the European framework. For this reason they have decided to write to their colleagues in order to bring their support.
Also, it is an important news because recently the Minister on Health and Gender Equality of Luxembourg outlined the ENVI Committee at the EU Parliament of cross border healthcare as one of the priorities in the health framework of the Luxembourg Presidency of the Council of the European Union in the second semester of 2015.
Based on the last report on cross-border healthcare published by the European Commission few months ago, the Luxembourg Presidency aims to enhance the national implementation of the cross border directive. For sure the MEPs involved in the Interest Group on “European Patients' Rights and Cross-border Healthcare” are interested to call for a strong commitment from this presidency to push Members States to implement correctly the EU directive on cross border healthcare.
Director Active Citizenship Network
To download the official letter co-signed by the Presidents of two parliamentarian groups, please click here
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >