Strengthening synergies and forge alliances among civil society actors can help to better understand the dynamics and prospects of the EU - now showing all its cracks - and of Europe in general. From this perspective, Active Citizenship Network is pleased to announce its new partnerships with two organizations located in Eastern Europe.
In fact the Russian Foundation for Philanthropy Support and Development (CAF) and the Albanian Association “Together for Life” have expressed interest in joining the network after participating to the X edition of the European Patients’ Rights Day, held last May in Brussels.
CAF is a Russian non-profit organization contributing to the improvement of quality of life of people and social development of the country. The Albanian Association, on the other hand, has long been committed to the protection of human rights, with particular attention to healthcare, but is also at the forefront in the fight against corruption and work for a more transparent public administration.
Apart from expanding its network, ACN, as the European branch of Cittadinanzattiva, has also joined the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) to contribute to the cooperation among Russian and European organisations as well as to share its experience and ideas with the CSF network.
Similarly to the vision of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, ACN believes in human rights protection beyond borders. In particular, ACN will be involved within the CSF Working Group "Social Issues and Civic Participation". Indeed, its experience on patients' rights protection can open a new platform of debate and confrontation on the topic.
For all these reasons, a future cooperation between ACN and EU Russia CSF will enrich both networks.
Director Active Citizenship Network
- Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products revolution & the respect of the patients’ right to access to care: a call to action
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR): a global health threat. What to know to better address it at the local level
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- “Towards the next Council conclusions: which role of adult vaccination?”
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
Read all >