Active Citizenship Network is delighted to co-organize “Making sustainability an easy choice for EU citizens”, a digital conference planned on 16 Feb 2021.
In this occasion will be presented the informal Inter-institutional Group “SDGs for well-being and consumers’ protection”, promoted by Cittadinanzattiva through its EU branch ActiveCitizenship Network (ACN), the European Consumers Union (ECU) and the Italian Alliance for Sustainable Development (ASviS).
The initiative is endorsed by some MEPs and 47 among National and EU Associations.
The Inter-Institutional Group represents the desire of the civil society to contribute to the SDGs and the Green New Deal, aiming to discuss and raise awareness on how each one of us as EU citizens can give her/his contribution. In fact, we strongly believe that citizen and consumer empowerment should be the pillar of the transition towards a more inclusive and sustainable Europe. The group will be opened to all the representatives and members of the EU Institutions that wish to dialogue with the civil society to contribute that Europe will be a global leader in the development and implementation of the SDGs. From our perspective, it is also ideally an example of the thematic citizens’ agoras encouraged by the EU Parliament within its resolution on the Conference on the Future of Europe.
This political initiative is in line with European Commission's initiatives as European Green Deal,the "New Consumer Agenda" and the recent "Consumer Day”, organized by the DG for Justice and Consumers, titled: "Consumer policy in the service of the Sustainable Development Goals and the 2030 Agenda".The initiative It was already anticipated during the event at the EU Parliament last March 2019 “Towards EU election: strengthening the European Union to a more effective consumer protection”, then postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
15th January 2021
- Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products revolution & the respect of the patients’ right to access to care: a call to action
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR): a global health threat. What to know to better address it at the local level
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- “Towards the next Council conclusions: which role of adult vaccination?”
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
Read all >