In Italy, the inability of spending EU funds by the government is a matter above all, paradixically, concerning the less developed regions, that is to say those of the South, with a use of resources by an average of 22.6%: in particular they are Campania (13.2%) and Sicilia (14.9%) to represent the tips behind.
This is revealed by the Report on transparency in government, published in Jenuary by Cittadinanzattiva in partnership with Fondazione Etica.
The Report shows a total lack of transparency in the use of community resources. According to data updated at 30 September 2012, National Programmes have certified expenditure level ranging between 12 and 45% of the one programmed, showing better management of EU funds in the event of Education and Research Pon (respectively 45.5 and 36.2% of certified expenditure budget) and less dynamic in the case of Transport Pon (about 12.4%). On the other hand, the Regional Programmes show a greater delay in the use of European resources: the more developed regions have certified, on average, 35.5% of the planned expenditure, while the less developed regions, the very ones who can benefit most the Community support, are still, in fact, an average of 22.6% of the expenditure.
By Vittorino Ferla, Head of institutional relations for Cittadinanzattiva
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >