Active Citizenship Network supports the Written Declaration, under Rule 136 of Parliament’s Rules of Procedure, on access to employment for those affected by neurological disorders and chronic pain conditions. The initiative is promoted by the European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA) and Pain Alliance Europe (PAE) with the aim to encourage research into and access to innovative treatments, promote prevention and self-management approaches, decrease stigma and work together to improve quality of life for people living with these disabling conditions.
The text of the Written Declaration is to be found on the dedicated website.
If approved, The Written Declaration will be a very valuable document to use at local, national and European level, for example, in:
- Advocating for the implementation of employment rights for those affected by chronic pain conditions.
- Raising awareness of the stigma and discrimination faced by those affected by chronic pain at work.
- Ensuring relevant EU legislation on access to employment is applied at the national level.
- Highlighting the existence of EU funds to improve accessibility to the workplace for those who wish to regain or remain in employment.
Download a translated version here (All EU languages available)
- Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products revolution & the respect of the patients’ right to access to care: a call to action
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR): a global health threat. What to know to better address it at the local level
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- “Towards the next Council conclusions: which role of adult vaccination?”
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
Read all >