Making Patients voice matter: the role of value added medicines EU workshop co-organized by Medicines for Europe and Active Citizenship Network
On November 20th, 2018, in line with their increasing cooperation in the field of patients' rights, Cittadinanzattiva Onlus, through its international branch the Active Citizenship Network, and Medicine and for Europe, through its Value Added Medicines Group, co-organized an European workshop in Brussels on value added medicines. Starting from the Patients’ Right of Access, the Patients’ Right to Innovation and the Patients’ Right to Personalized Treatment, the initiative provided a selected number of leaders of patients’ organizations and advocacy groups across Europe with an updated overview about value added medicines and facilitated an exchange of views on key policy developments linked to them.
Facilitators: Kate O Regan from Medicine for Europe and Bianca Ferraiolo from Active Citizenship Network
12.30 – 13.30 Networking Lunch
13.30 – 13.50 Welcome to the event and Introduction
Adrian Van den Hoven, Director General of Medicines for Europe
Mariano Votta, Director Active Citizenship Network
13.50 – 14.00 Roundtable presentation
14.00 – 14.30 Session 1 – Why are value added medicines important for patients?
Aurelio Arias, Senior Consultant at the European Thought Leadership
14.30 – 14.50 Q&A
14.50 – 15.10 Coffee break
15.10 – 15.30 Session 2 – Empowering the Patient: dispelling the myths and identifying opportunities
Catarina Lopes Pereira, Health Economics Advisor for Medicines For Europe
15.30 – 16.00 Discussion and Feedback
15.50 – 16.00 Wrap up and close
Catarina Lopes Pereira, Health Economics Advisor for Medicines For Europeand Mariano Votta, Director Active Citizenship Network
16.15 End of the Event
Documents and further information:
To see all the pictures visit our FB page.
To know more about the dialogue between Medicines for Europe and Active Citizenship Network click here.
The initiative has been realized with the support of Medicines for Europe.
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >