In 1948 the World Health Organization defined health as "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
Today, after more than 70 years, the WHO definition is more relevant than ever if we think of the holistic approach to "global health” at the time of the health emergency that we have been experiencing for about two years.
The global pandemic confirms the need to recognize a broader scope to health that is no longer the result of a few and circumscribed variables but the result of multisectoral and global factors, such as lifestyle, environment and climate. Health as an integrated approach, unavoidable from the determinants of health connected to it.
From these preconditions, Cittadinanzattiva has started a new project aimed at drafting a "Global Health Charter", starting from a civic perspective, with the intent of building a holistic and conscious reading of health and contributing to providing effective solutions to the crisis and the health needs of each individual.
The "Global Health Charter" will be declined at various levels (national, European and global) through a multi-stakeholder approach at international level.
To fill in the Survey, please click here.
For more information:
Year of realization: in progress
The project is carried out with the unconditional support of:
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >