AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
Patients need to play a much bigger role in the fight against antimicrobial resistance (AMR), as they are directly involved in over-prescribing, overuse and self-medication, the scale and effect of which is still unknown. Despite there are many organizations interested in the issue of AMR, and the diversity of expertise and experience is vast, to date, there has been no consolidated effort globally to amalgamate these and provide a coherent guidance and support for patients’ engagement in tackling this global public health threat.
For this reason, Cittadinanzattiva, through its European branch Active Citizenship Network (ACN), has become involved, together with IAPO and ALCER, in an European project recalling, since its title, the AMR Patient Alliance, developed by IAPO P4PS Observatory with the aim to gather the voice of patients around the issue of antimicrobial resistance (AMR). The mission of the AMR Patient Alliance is to involve all stakeholders, in particular patient groups, patients and carers, to work on patient empowerment, literacy and engagement for preserving the effectiveness of antibiotics, so that they can be accessible and effective for as long as possible for the future generations.
MAIN PLANNED ACTIVITIES
In order to achieve the objectives mentioned above, Active Citizenship Network (ACN) has committed to undertake the following activities:
A training seminar on the topic of AMR addressed to leaders of PAGs & civic associations, supporters and partners of Cittadinanzattiva, citizens.
Contribution to the development of an online repository of AMR-related educational, advocacy and awareness-raising materials for patient organizations, patients, and caregivers.
Support to the course “Antimicrobial Resistance: Patient Role in Rational Use” accessible to all EU citizens and developed by IAPO P4PSO and the Patient Academy for Innovation and Research (PAIR Academy).
The project has been realized thanks to the unconditional support of Pfizer
To know more about the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva-Active Citizenship Network on the topic of antimicrobial resistance (AMR), please click here.
(Updated in April 2022)
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >