A way to make visible the invisible on chronic pain through the arts
"ARTISTS AGAINST PAIN" is the title of the cultural event scheduled for next March 17 in Milan, Italy, aimed to unit arts and advocacy groups on the topic of chronic pain.
The initiative is promoted by the artistic cultural association “Bioforme” in partnership with the European branch of the Italian NGO Cittadinanzattiva, Active Citizenship Network, the Maltese association "No Pain Foundation", and the patronage of Municipality 8 of the City of Milan.
Bioforme welcomed the proposal by Anna Kleszcz, a Polish woman afflicted by chronic pain and since years an activist on the topic at European level, organizing a cultural event outside the specialized circuits to spread knowledge and sensitize those who are not directly involved in the problem of chronic pain.
Even if far from any institutional context, the event will be an opportunity to approach the topic and to promote a reflection at different levels, such as the medical-political-social on one side and the musical-artistic on the other.
The event will be held in Milan on Saturday 17 March 2018, at the Bioforme venue (street Aosta n.2), from 3.30 pm to 9.00 pm. Entrance is free.
The program will include:
- The debate, aimed by Cittadinanzattiva–Active Citizenship Network and No Pain Foundation, enriched with patient testimonies, presentation of good practices, an overview of the situation across Europe, news on the commitment of the EU Institutions on the topic and recent achievements.
- exhibition of works presenting pain done by artists - Bioforme collaborators;
- poetry read by Milton Fernandez;
- Rita Tekeyan’s concert.
For further information click here
- Community PRO (Participation Resilience Organizing)
- ATMPs revolution: empowering leaders of EU civic and patients’ advocacy groups
- ENGAGE – Engage Society for Risk Awareness and Resilience
- EUROPEAN PATIENTS’ RIGHTS DAY 2022
- European Pillar of Social Rights & the commitment of Cittadinanzattiva
- European Pillar of Social Rights & chronic pain
- European Pillar of Social Rights & COVID-19 emergency
- European Pillar of Social Rights & childcare and support for minors
- AMR Patient Alliance – developing educational repository for patient and caregiver awareness of drug resistant infections
- The role of the European Pillar of Social Rights ambassadors
- THE ENGAGEMENT OF CITTADINANZATTIVA IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- NIGHTINGALE - Novel Integrated Toolkit for Enhanced Pre-Hospital Life Support and Triage in Challenging and Large and Demanding Emergencies
- The successful experience of Polart Circle
Read all >