The 8 June 2023 from 17:30 - 19:00 CET has been heald an online training seminar realized in the framework of the project "Improving health literacy for better public and patient involvement in mitigating COVID-19 pandemic using interactive and intuitive educational tools"
The aim of the training was to illustrate, through a scientific approach, the current situation in Italy - also in light of the recent WHO declaration that Covid-19 no longer constitutes a public health emergency of international concern - and to understand what is the correct information to know for frail patients, the elderly and/or those with particular pathologies, for whom Covid-19 and Long Covid may still represent a threat.
During the meeting these issues have been explored in depth, with the help of medical experts, and ample space has been left for the doubts and questions of those who wonder about the most useful practices to adopt and the prevention, treatment and protection strategies available today.
The topics (identified and agreed upon with patients groups & civic associations coming from different European countries, thanks to a pre-event survey):
"Knowing and Mitigating the Impact of COVID-19":
- Essential language and dangerous beliefs
- Virus mutations, how they happen and what to expect
- What should we expect (and not expect) from the anti-COVID-19 vaccine?
- Antibiotic use in COVID-19, when is it appropriate?
Alessandra Medolla General Practitioner out-of-hours service, ASL Salerno, member of the National Cardiovascular area of the Italian Society of General Medicine and Primary Care (S.I.M.G.)
Marco Vatri, General Practitioner out-of-hours, Resident in Geriatrics, at the Careggi University Hospital of Florence
Learn more about
- "Improving health literacy for better public and patient involvement in mitigating COVID-19 pandemic using interactive and intuitive educational tools"
- Cittadinanzattiva's engagement against COVID-19 here
- The Italian webpage about the training here
For more information, please feel free to contact
The project has been realized thanks to the unconditional support of Pfizer
Page last updated: November 2022