To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the European Patients’ Rights Day, Active Citizenship Network has decided to organize a widespread campaign in 2016 in cooperation with some of the national patient associations involved in its network.
Patients want to access cross-border health services when treatment is not available in their home country, when it is managed better elsewhere, or, as in the case of many border areas, when the nearest available care is in another Member State. Currently, cross-border healthcare accounts for approximately 1% of the overall EU public health spending – around €10 billion per year. Read more
- News & events
To know more:
- “Patients' rights have no borders” - Leaflets
- EXPLORING AREAS AND BENEFITS OF COOPERATION IN CROSS-BORDER HEALTHCARE TO PROTECT PATIENTS’ RIGHTS
- Cross-border healthcare and centres of excellence to enhance patients’ rights: access, information and innovation
- “Patients' rights have no borders” - The rationale of the EU campaing
- “Patients' rights have no borders” - Supporters
- “Patients' rights have no borders” - Partners
- PATIENTS’ RIGHTS HAVE NO BORDERS…AS WELL AS RISKS!
- 3 May 2016 | EU Parliament (Belgium): Official launch at the European Parliament of the campaign “Patients' rights have no borders”
Project duration: from January 2016 to December 2017
For more information, please contact: